Since 1995, RiverQuest programs have benefitted more than 77,000 elementary, middle and high school students in southwestern Pennsylvania. As an EITC sponsor your company will have the option of directing support to a specific school or school district. Program materials, the RiverQuest website and an annual program report will acknowledge your generous support.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) is at the heart of
- SCIENCE: environmental science is RiverQuest's central theme; programs explore historical, current and future interactions of humans\ & the environment
- TECHNOLOGY: programs on a one-of-a-kind environmentally friendly vessel housing university-quality sampling and testing equipment
- ENGINEERING: topics from green buildings to bridge design engage students in the logical processes of problem-solving and engineering
- MATHEMATICS: programs challenge students to interpret population data sets and models, calculate and compare energy usage versus efficiency
You could receive a Pennsylvania tax credit of up to 90% of your contribution.
- New one-page application for 2012 will be available online by mid-March at http://www.newpa.com/eitc
- EITC tax credits are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and your application must be submitted by July 2, 2012
Please invest in strengthening STEM education now.
- Pennsylvania will need to fill an estimated 314,000 STEM-related jobs by 2018*
- 68% of STEM occupations in Pennsylvania are projected to require a bachelor’s degree or higher by 2018*
- According to Successful STEM Education 2011, a report from the National Research
Council of the National Academies:
What students learn about the science disciplines, technology, engineering and mathematics during K-12 schooling shapes their intellectual development, opportunities for future study and work, and choices of career, as well as their capacity to make informed decisions about political and civic issues.
*Source: Pennsylvania’s K-12 STEM Ed Report Card 2011, www.stemconnector.org
Thanks in advance for your consideration of this important request.
Gerry Balbier, Executive Director, 412-231-2712 x22, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shayna Pitt, Director of Development, 412-231-2712 x11, email@example.com